Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pen Love


We do have a rather strong attachment to pens, don't we?  Or is it just me?  I don't think so. After all, I've given report to you with your pens lined up like little soldiers next to you, I've seen your work bag overflowing with pens.

Some nurses like to have a lot of different pens with them at work, different colors and different types - ink pen, mechanical pencil, highlighter, Sharpie.  (Don't even get me started on Sharpies - my attachment to Sharpies is so unhealthy that I hoard them in a drawer at home, won't even take them to work).

I'm more of a one-pen-at-a-time nurse at work, but I protect that pen with my life while I have it.  I won't even let patients touch my pen to sign anything, I take them one of those generic pens from the nurses station. 

We even talk about pens, don't we?  "Hey - that's a great pen!  Where did you get it?"  We discuss and debate the merits of fine point over medium point (I'm a medium point nurse myself).  Yep, pens are a part of our nursing culture.

 Nurses and pens, a match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment