Friday, December 13, 2013

Soap Opera Nursing

Being at a crossroads in my career, looking for something new, I'm considering Soap Opera Nursing.  I don't really currently watch any daytime soap operas - I follow a few nighttime "dramas" - but my memory of them is that it's a pretty good job. 



Soap opera nurses always look good - perfect fitting uniforms and shoes with a little heel.  They are always holding charts or talking on the phone and they spend most of their time at the nurses station, they are very rarely involved in cleaning poop or lifting patients. Soap opera nurses get a LOT of breaks; they get coffee with friends and meet handsome doctors for lunch in the ritzy hospital cafeteria.  These are definite pluses for this nursing specialty.

I would say that the only downfall with sop opera nursing is that while I would know all about my patients, their families, their friends, and their histories and social lives, I would not be able to identify suspicious characters that want to harm my patients.  They would slip right past me as I'm chatting up a good-looking surgeon at the nurses station.

As well, I believe that soap opera nurses are required to marry doctors and I'm not sure I want to do that, either.

Oh well, back to the drawing board...


*photo courtesy of yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment