Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What's Her Deal?






I'd like to say that if someone suggested that I stay in my house for 21 days, I'd be thrilled.

Kaci Hickox apparently feels differently.  She's the nurse who was mandated to quarantine herself after returning from West Africa. 

The comments on the various websites and social media reports about her outrage against being quarantined are interesting.  Many nurses seem to feel that she's not representing us well by not taking threats to the public seriously.

I tend to agree. What's the big deal? 

Now today I see that she's reached a "settlement", that she's allowed to "roam free" but has to monitor her symptoms.

Is she shining a negative light on nurses?  Possibly.  Should we be doing all that we can to protect the public?  Yes.  I tend to hate all politicians, but they'd be in a much worse situation if they did nothing.

Get it together, Kaci, stay home and keep your mouth shut. Honestly, how would you feel if you did infect someone else?  Pretty bad, I hope.  You can't turn back time, do what you have to do to keep yourself and other people safe right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment