Friday, October 24, 2014

I'm Here, I'm Here!

I know, it's been forever.  The move to Florida (almost a year ago!) threw me off - plus starting three new jobs since January...the third seems to be the charm, in this case.

I've missed writing about nursing.  So, I'm back.

I landed a great job, an educator at a college.  I'm educating nurses who are already licensed, a little better for me than working with nursing students.  Not that I don't love nursing students, I just really love working with nurses.  Plus, they're critical care and ED nurses, my favorites.













This is the first time I've been away from direct bedside nursing in a long time.  Even as a CNO at a rural facility, I did a lot of patient care.  It makes me nervous.  It brings back memories of complaints by nurses about educators and managers who have been away from the bedside so long that they have no idea what's really happening in nursing. A full time job, a part time online teaching job, and being in school full time just leaves me no time for a PRN bedside job at the moment. 

In the meantime, I'm making the most of the time I can have at the hospitals with the nurses who've gone through my courses and making plans for a bedside position, at least PRN, when I'm done with school.  I just hope that when I turn in to one of "those" educators, someone tells me.  And I hope that I can hear it and do something about it when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment