Saturday, October 12, 2013

Don't Be a Pill


I love a good pill-taker.  Doesn't it just make you happy when you take a medicine cup full of pills to a patient and they throw them back like a jigger of tequila on $1 shot night?  Don't you just want to hug that patient?  Sometimes I feel like skipping out of their room, it's such a nice treat.

I know swallowing pills is hard for some people (read: my husband) and I feel for them, but, seriously, it's  painful to give a patient 20 pills one-at-a-time. And they never just take the pill from you; they pass it from hand to hand, lay it down on the bedside table and pick it up again, think about taking the pill, ask you for more water, and, inevitably drop a couple on the floor so you have to start all over again. 

Taking pills should be a skill that is mastered before being allowed out of elementary school.

Thank you, good pill-takers, and consider yourself hugged.  This is me, skipping away...

No comments:

Post a Comment