Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Nursing Freak Show







Once at a carnival, I paid 25 cents to see a headless woman.  Yes, I was an adult at the time. No, I'm not proud of it. I paid my quarter and went up a set of steps to stand on a platform which looked into a space where a "woman" sat in a rocking chair moving her hands while a supposed ventilator breathed for her through a metal cap on her neck where her head, if she'd had one, would have been.  

It was lame.  Like I said, not my proudest moment.  

This got me thinking that as nurses, we could probably put on our own show at a carnival.  You know, charge money to see some of our "oddities".  

Like...

The world's largest bladder.
The world's largest collection of alcohol wipes.
The world's largest pen collection.
The world's sickest humor.
The world’s fastest eater.

Step right up, folks!  It’s our own little nursing freak show!  Can you think of more?

No comments:

Post a Comment